The Academy's prize for outstanding research in the humanities and social sciences
About the prize:
The Academy's prize for outstanding research in the humanities and social sciences (formerly known as Fylkesakerprisen) is awarded biannually to a scientist within the humanities or social sciences, including law, theology and education.
The prize amount is NOK 250 000.
The HumSam Prize 2021
The 2021 winner of the HumSam Prize was announced on January 14th 2021. Professor Ingvild Sælid Gilhus of the University of Bergen was awarded the prize for her outstanding work within the study of religion. On October 19th a symposium in honour of the winner will be held at the Academy.
The prize committee:
The prize committee consists of the following five members:
- Professor Terje Lohndal, leader (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- Professor Gunn Elisabeth Birkelund (University of Oslo)
- Professor Hilde Sandvik (University of Oslo)
- Professor Andreas Føllesdal (University of Oslo)
- Professor Tone Sverdrup (University of Oslo)